These 0 TRIPS are FREE to participate for Rocky Mountain Section members. Want to become a member ?!
They are organized and led by volunteer trip leaders of the section. Want to become a trip leader ?!
Please make sure you've red the guidelines for trip participants
You must be a Rocky Mountain Section member
to participate in RMS trips.
Guidelines for trip participants:
1) Be prepared to complete an insurance waiver form (click to download)
2) Sign up for trips that will challenge you, but are not beyond your abilities. If unsure, ask the trip leader and tell them your experience and fitness level. People inexperienced in the mountains should start with easier trips.
3) You must be a member of the Rocky Mountain Section, Alpine Club of Canada, to join a trip (become a member
4) Learn about the trip before you attend (which route, number of kilometres, amount of vertical gain / loss, type of terrain, length of day, etc.). Take the time to check the appropriate guidebook for details BEFORE contacting the trip leader.
5) Ensure that you have the correct equipment and that it is in good repair.
6) Some trips will have a delay for the sign up. The delay states the number of days from TODAY until the sign up opens.
7) For Elevation Place climbing evenings: you may only sign up for yourself no more than a week ahead of time.
8) Give as much notice as possible to the Trip Leader if you are unable to go on the trip. There are often waiting lists of other members who would like to go.
9) Bring your helmet on all summer scrambles and alpine trips, as well as all ice climbing trips. Leaders may ask you to bring your helmet on certain ski trips as well.
10) Share expenses and be prepared to help carry a part of the “group gear” (ropes, etc.).
11) It should be understood that the trip leader has full control over the make-up of the group and can reject any potential participant at his/her discretion on any grounds that are reasonable (including skill level, safety considerations, potential personality conflicts, previously demonstrated inappropriate behaviour, or other aspects impacting on good group dynamics).
Note: the sign up for some trips is delayed until the leader wishes to take applications.
Quick access :
> No entries are matching your request.
New trip schedules are posted twice a year around mid-May and early November... please be patient !