Packed with two full days of learning and practice, this RMS Leadership course will take new and aspiring ice leaders to new levels of confidence.
This course will be based out of the Bow Valley, and will build on participants' existing skills to cover the gamut of ice leadership topics: leading ice, steep ice, anchors, belaying a second and some basic rescue on day one; and multi-pitch leading and technical descending on day two.
- able to lead WI3 or higher
- 15 climbing days per winter and/or experience leading Section ice climbing trips
- previous experience building anchors (using ice screws, can be single-pitch top-rope anchors) and belaying from above (can be from multi-pitch rock climbing experience)
- AST Level 1 or equivalent an asset
To register for this course, e-mail your full name with your answers to the following questions to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, October 28 -
- What were your three most challenging ice climbs?
- What knowledge or skills would you like to get out of this course?
- If you could lead some trips for the Section this winter, where would you like to go?
Instructor: Jeff Bullock, ACMG/IFMGA Mountain Guide
Open to 5 participants
Contact info: RMS Courses Committee (email@example.com)
Course fee: $120 for RMS trip leaders
- 1-3 - Simple to Complex