Packed with three days of learning and practice, this 3-day course will take new and aspriing ski leaders to new levels of confidence.
This course will be based out of Golden, with day tours in a variety of locations around Rogers Pass and the Rockies.
This course will cover the gamut of ski leadership skills - terrain selection and management, companion rescue and rope rescue, navigation and routefinding, efficient uptracking, group management - with lots of time for leading over the 3 days.
- at least AST1 or equivalent amount of experience
- approximately 30 touring days per winter and/or experience leading Section ski trips
- well-practiced in companion rescue
- basic knowledge of knots an asset
To register for this course, e-mail your full name with your answers to the following questions to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, October 28 -
- What were your three most challenging tours?
- What knowledge or skills would you like to get out of this course?
- If you could lead some trips for the Section this winter, where would you like to go?
Instructor: Jeff Bullock, ACMG/IFMGA Mountain Guide
Open to 8 participants
Contact info: RMS Courses Committee (email@example.com)
Course fee: $140 for RMS trip leaders
Accommodation: approximately $35/night at the Dreamcatcher Hostel in Golden (to be confirmed, based on occupancy)
- 1-3 - Simple to Complex