Packed with three days of learning and practice, this 3-day course will take new and aspriing ski leaders to new levels of confidence.
We will tentatively start in the Lake Louise area on Day One, then move to Golden for two nights and two full days in Rogers Pass (final locations to be determined by the guide, dependent on conditions).
This course will cover the gamut of ski leadership skills - terrain selection and management, companion rescue and rope rescue, navigation and routefinding, efficient uptracking, group management - with lots of time for leading over the 3 days.
- at least AST1 or equivalent amount of experience
- 40 touring days per winter and/or experience leading Section ski trips
- well-practiced in companion rescue
- basic knowledge of knots an asset
To register for this course, e-mail your full name with your answers to the following questions to email@example.com by Sunday, October 29 -
- What were the most challenging three trips you've led?
- What knowledge or skills would you like to get out of this course?
- If you could lead some trips for the Section this winter, where would you like to go?
Instructor: Jeff Bullock, ACMG/IFMGA Mountain Guide
Open to 8 participants
Contact info: RMS Courses Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Course fee: $130 for RMS trip leaders
Accommodation: $69 for two nights at the Dreamcatcher Hostel in Golden
- 1-3 - Simple to Complex