The Volunteer Incentive Program (VIP) aims to support Section volunteers in developing their leadership and skills.
Volunteers may apply for reimbursement of up to 50% of a course value to a maximum of $200 per volunteer per fiscal year.
The VIP grant budget is approved at the beginning of the fiscal year. No further grants will be awarded once the fund has been depleted for the fiscal year.
An active volunteer is a volunteer who has led three (3) trips for the RMS Section in the last 356 days.
– Any course organized by the RMS Section.
– Any external course that:
– develops the volunteer’s skills directly applicable to the activities undertaken by the Section and
– is not eligible for an income tax deduction by the volunteer.
The volunteer confirms they and their expense meet the above criteria.
The volunteer sends their application to the Course Coordinator with the following:
– a list of the three trips they have led in the last 356 days
– if the claim is for an external course, a short bullet point description of how the course benefits the Section.
For external courses, the Course Coordinator will confirm the expense is eligible and bring the application to the Executive for final approval. Once the expense has been approved, the receipt will be forwarded to the Treasurer, who will reimburse the volunteer.